Slow Cooker Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Recipe from www.reciperunner.com
3 cups broccoli florets, chopped
2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup diced shallots
1 large carrot, diced
3 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup low fat milk
6 oz extra sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
Kosher salt, black pepper and hot sauce to taste
- Place the broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper, hot sauce and vegetable or chicken broth in the slow cooker.
- Stir everything together, then cover the lid and set to low.
- Cook for 6-8 hours or until the vegetables are very tender.
- Use an immersion stick blender or regular blender to puree the soup until it's smooth.
- Add in the milk and cheese and blend until the cheese is melted and everything is combined.
- Blend in the Greek yogurt until combined and the soup is smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and serve.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
Recipe from www.recipesthatcrock.com
1 lb extra-lean ground beef
1 cup onion, diced
14.5 oz diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
2 cups green peppers and/or red peppers chopped
3 cups of beef broth
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 cup cooked rice
- Brown your beef with your onion in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain your beef and onions and place in your 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add your tomatoes (juice and all) and the rest of your ingredients.
- Cook and cover on low for 6-8 hours.
Slow Cooker Sausage, Spinach and White Bean Soup
Recipe from www.damndelicious.net
1 tbsp olive oil
1 (12.8 oz) package of smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 (15 oz) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 bay leaves
4 cups chicken broth
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 cups baby spinach
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned (about 3-4 minutes).
- Place sausage, garlic, onions, carrots, celery, beans, oregano and bay leaves into a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir in chicken broth and 2 cups of water until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Serve immediately.
Spinach and Quinoa Salad with Apple and Pecans
Recipe from www.kristineskitchenblog.com
Ingredients for the salad
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1/2 cup raw pecans
6 cups fresh baby spinach
1 large apple thinly sliced. *Note: If not serving the salad immediately, toss the apple slices with a little lemon juice.
1/2 cup dried cranberries
4 ounces goat cheese
Ingredients for dressing
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
a bit of black pepper
- To cook the quinoa, bring 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Rinse and drain quinoa and add it to the boiling water. Reduce heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes, until water is absorbed. Transfer quinoa to a bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, toast the pecans by placing them in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until fragrant, stirring often. Watch pecans carefully as they can go from toasted to burned quickly. Set aside.
- While the quinoa and pecans cool, make the dressing. Whisk together all dressing ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- To assemble the salad, place the spinach in a large bowl. Add the cooled quinoa, apple slices, cranberries and toasted pecans. Crumble the goat cheese. When ready to serve the salad, toss with dressing and serve.
Grilled Salmon Skewers with Garlic and Dijon
Recipe from www.natashaskitchen.com
Ingredients for Salmon Lemon Kebobs
1.5 lbs salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch squares
2 large lemons thinly sliced
16 (10-inch) bamboo skewers
Ingredients for Marinade
1 Tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp light olive oil (not extra virgin, pick something with a higher smoke point)
2 of fresh lemon juice from 1/2 large lemon or 1 small lemon
- Prep: soak bamboo skewers for at least 1 hour to keep them from catching fire. Prehead grill to medium heat (about 375 degrees)
- In a medium bowl, stir together all of the marinade ingredients: 2 tbsp chopped parsley, 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1/2 tbs dijon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Skewer the salmon and lemon slices folded in half intermittently onto two skewers at a time (the double skewer aids in turning the salmon kebobs on the grill). Brush both sides of skewers with marinade.
- Oil the grates then carefully place salmon skewers onto the hot BBQ. Grill kebobs for 3-4 minutes per side or until salmon is cooked through and opaque.
Slow Cooker Zucchini Lasagna
Recipe from www.primaverakitchen.com
15oz part-skim ricotta
1 large egg
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup spinach, chopped
Salt and pepper
4 cups of your favorite sauce
4 medium zucchini, sliced 1/8" thick. (Tip: Grill the zucchini slices before putting in slow cooker)
16oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese and spinach. Stir well and set aside.
- Lightly coat the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Ladle about 1 cup of sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker and spread it well.
- Layer 5 or 6 zucchini slices to cover.
- Place some of the ricotta cheese mixture and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layers until all your ingredients are used up.
- Top the lasagna with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker and let stand for 1-3 hours. The longer you let it sit, the more the liquid will absorb.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve.
Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Recipe from www.beckysbestbites.com
2 5oz packages of Bumble Bee Premium Albacore Tuna in Water Pouch
1/2 cup kalamata olives
1/2 cup feta cheese
2 small bell peppers
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 can (15.5oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Zest and juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
Bib lettuce, Iceberg lettuce
- In a large mixing bowl, add Bumble Bee Premium Albacore Tuna, kalamata olives, feta cheese, bell peppers, red onion, chickpeas, zest and juice of one lemon, dijon mustard, olive oil and sea salt.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add tomatoes and gently fold into the mixture.
- Place a scoop of the tuna mixture in a large piece of lettuce and wrap up.
Crockpot Beef and Broccoli
Recipe from www.wellplated.com
1 1/2lbs flank steak - cut across grain into thin slices
1 cup low-sodium beef broth
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon rice vinegar 2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste - sriracha, or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus additional to taste
2 teaspoons minced garlic - about 2 large cloves
2 teaspoons cornstarch
5 cups broccoli florets - about 2 small crowns
Prepared brown rice - or quinoa for serving
Chopped green onions - and toasted sesame seeds optional for serving
- Coat a 4-quart or larger slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place beef in the bottom.
- In a small bowl, stir together the beef broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, rice vinegar, chili-garlic paste and garlic. Pour over the beef, then stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup water and cornstarch. Stir into the slow cooker with the beef and sauce, then place the broccoli on top. Cover, turn the heat to high, and cook another 30 minutes, until the broccoli is tender. Serve warm over rice, sprinkled with green onions and sesame seeds as desired.
Eggs, Spinach and Mushrooms Skillet
Recipe from www.manilaspoon.com
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 8oz package mini-bella mushrooms, chopped
1 10oz package fresh spinach or about 5-6 cups firmly packed spinach
A little butter (optional)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or frying pan.
- Saute the mushrooms until they are tender and have fully released their water (about 6-8 minutes), then set aside.
- Place the spinach in the same pan. Add about 2 tbsp of water and cook on medium heat until wilted (about 2-4 minutes). Then pack it down.
- Add the mushrooms back in and season lightly with salt and pepper, if you'd like.
- Create wells for each egg you are using and push the spinach and mushrooms aside. Dot each well with butter or oil.
- Crack and egg on each well. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the eggs are fully set or to your desired doneness, roughly 5-6 minutes.
Cheesy Broccoli Bread
Try using other cheeses for a different flavor too. Colby Jack is one of our favorites.
3 c. riced broccoli
1 large egg
1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
2 cloves garlic, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
2 tsp. freshly chopped parsley
Warmed marinara, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Microwave riced broccoli for 1 minute to steam. Carefully ring out extra moisture from the broccoli using paper towel or cheese cloth.
- Transfer broccoli to a large bowl and add egg, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, and garlic. Season with salt, and pepper. Transfer dough to baking sheet and shape into a thin, round crust.
- Bake until golden and dried out, 20 minutes. Top with with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and bake until cheese is melted and crust is crispy, 10 minutes more. Garnish with parsley and pepper flakes if using. Serve warm with marinara.