Mediterranean Tuna Lettuce Wraps
Recipe from www.beckysbestbites.com
2 5oz packages of Bumble Bee Premium Albacore Tuna in Water Pouch
1/2 cup kalamata olives
1/2 cup feta cheese
2 small bell peppers
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 can (15.5oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Zest and juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
Bib lettuce, Iceberg lettuce
- In a large mixing bowl, add Bumble Bee Premium Albacore Tuna, kalamata olives, feta cheese, bell peppers, red onion, chickpeas, zest and juice of one lemon, dijon mustard, olive oil and sea salt.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add tomatoes and gently fold into the mixture.
- Place a scoop of the tuna mixture in a large piece of lettuce and wrap up.
Crockpot Beef and Broccoli
Recipe from www.wellplated.com
1 1/2lbs flank steak - cut across grain into thin slices
1 cup low-sodium beef broth
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon rice vinegar 2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste - sriracha, or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus additional to taste
2 teaspoons minced garlic - about 2 large cloves
2 teaspoons cornstarch
5 cups broccoli florets - about 2 small crowns
Prepared brown rice - or quinoa for serving
Chopped green onions - and toasted sesame seeds optional for serving
- Coat a 4-quart or larger slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place beef in the bottom.
- In a small bowl, stir together the beef broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, rice vinegar, chili-garlic paste and garlic. Pour over the beef, then stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup water and cornstarch. Stir into the slow cooker with the beef and sauce, then place the broccoli on top. Cover, turn the heat to high, and cook another 30 minutes, until the broccoli is tender. Serve warm over rice, sprinkled with green onions and sesame seeds as desired.
Eggs, Spinach and Mushrooms Skillet
Recipe from www.manilaspoon.com
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 8oz package mini-bella mushrooms, chopped
1 10oz package fresh spinach or about 5-6 cups firmly packed spinach
A little butter (optional)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or frying pan.
- Saute the mushrooms until they are tender and have fully released their water (about 6-8 minutes), then set aside.
- Place the spinach in the same pan. Add about 2 tbsp of water and cook on medium heat until wilted (about 2-4 minutes). Then pack it down.
- Add the mushrooms back in and season lightly with salt and pepper, if you'd like.
- Create wells for each egg you are using and push the spinach and mushrooms aside. Dot each well with butter or oil.
- Crack and egg on each well. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the eggs are fully set or to your desired doneness, roughly 5-6 minutes.
Cheesy Broccoli Bread
Try using other cheeses for a different flavor too. Colby Jack is one of our favorites.
3 c. riced broccoli
1 large egg
1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
2 cloves garlic, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
2 tsp. freshly chopped parsley
Warmed marinara, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Microwave riced broccoli for 1 minute to steam. Carefully ring out extra moisture from the broccoli using paper towel or cheese cloth.
- Transfer broccoli to a large bowl and add egg, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, and garlic. Season with salt, and pepper. Transfer dough to baking sheet and shape into a thin, round crust.
- Bake until golden and dried out, 20 minutes. Top with with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and bake until cheese is melted and crust is crispy, 10 minutes more. Garnish with parsley and pepper flakes if using. Serve warm with marinara.